The Electric Mountain Lodge has been acquired by Empty Spaces Vacation Rental Management. Empty Spaces is a vacation rental and experiences company that provides memorable vacations through clean, safe, family-friendly, high-end accommodations and experiences with 24/7 elevated guest service. In an effort to provide much needed upgrades to the Lodge, while also preserving its rustic beauty and unforgettable mountain vacation experience, we are making some exciting changes, including:
- Expanding the kitchen and upgrading kitchen equipment, including adding a pizza oven and espresso machine
- Remodeling the bar, lounge, cabins, and living quarters
- All new furniture and décor
- Adding on-site UTV and snowmobile rental rentals, with optional guiding
- Partnering with local vendors to provide new experiences
- Using a Mercedes Benz Sprinter van with tracks to transport guests from the trailhead to the Lodge in the winter
How often do you think about how nice it would be just to disappear? To just escape everything and vanish into the woods? How nice would it be to be off the grid, away from the noise, tucked deep in the pines of a lush forest? Well, such a haven exists, and it’s waiting for you!
The Electric Mountain Lodge is about as tucked away and remote as it gets. Located in the thick of Western Colorado’s Gunnison National Forest, this ultimate mountain getaway accommodates couples, families, and groups! Whether you’re looking for a peaceful respite from your busy work week, or planning a luxurious destination wedding to remember forever, the Electric Mountain Lodge guarantees a unique connection with mother nature that we defy you to find anywhere else.
The cabins and main lodge offer that classic, rustic, log cabin feel while maintaining an atmosphere of cleanliness, safety and family-friendly fun. The main lodge boasts a shared lounge, a restaurant and bar with delectable American fare, and a variety of rentals for various outdoor excursions. Grand Mesa is known for its world-class hunting, hiking, fishing, snowmobiling and other motorsports to bring some thrills to you and your family’s great outdoor adventure.
The cabins are decked with all the warmth and comfort necessary to wind down after a day of mountainous exploration. While the snow dusts the gorgeous green landscape, or as the sun sets behind the evergreen-lined hills, our larger cabins offer the space to sprawl in your plush King size beds while the kids bunk up in the loft with access games and toys, and so much more. Our smaller cabins provide just enough room for two people to cozy up and enjoy the surroundings. Enjoy fresh linens and towels, a convenient stock of household products including trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels, soaps, and shampoos. Brew some coffee in the morning, and then take a step outside to take in the absolutely breathtaking views.
Oh, and did we mention the splendor and beauty of it all? The Electric Mountain Lodge is located on the Grand Mesa, largest and tallest flat top mountain in the world, speckled with over 300 lakes across 500 square miles of forest teeming with wildlife. In fact, the combination of Gunnison and Mesa National Forests equate to over 800,000 acres of untouched forest. You’ll have the opportunity to see majestic land animals like moose, mule deer, elk, and bears. For the family birdwatchers, some of the most beautiful winged creatures on the planet can be spotted in these skies, such as bald eagles, great-horned owls, golden eagles, wild turkeys, and red-tailed hawks. Take a boat out on the lake and cast the line out for a chance to catch cutthroat, rainbow, and brook trout.
- Overnight trail rides on the SP Trail to ski or snowboard on Ski Sunlight, which is a 50 mile trip
- Day trips across the top of the Grand Mesa to have lunch at other lodges
- 2-3 hour, half day, or full day scenic and backcountry tours
- RAD (ride all day) adventures
- Guided backcountry tours and clinics
- Guided and unguided rental options
- Lunch on the mountain with all guided tours and clinics
- Mountain sled rentals
- Trail sled rentals
- Club rides
- Poker runs
- End of season parties at the Lodge
- Backcountry clinics for beginners, intermediate, and advanced riders with topics covering:
- Balance and foot placement
- Throttle control
- Keeping the sled on edge
- Tree riding
- Carving and controlling
- Skill tests (getting you stuck)
- Wilderness first aid, CPR, and survival information
A short drive into the colorful, historic town of Paonia will offer shops, restaurants, art, and is also host to several wineries and vineyards where you can sip on some of the finest wine in Colorado. Throughout the Summer, Paonia holds events with good old fashioned family fun, from fireworks and baking contests to concerts, rodeos, and fresh ripe cherry picking.
So take a break! Come up the mountain and plant your feet in the grass. Look up at the sky and connect with nature in a way you never have before. Allow yourself to enjoy the peace and beauty that the Electric Mountain Lodge promises, and create unforgettable memories with your family that you’ll remember for the rest of your lives.